The Song Journal

Miscellaneous news and writing by Bob Franke, mostly about songs as a portable art form, and the process of creating them and enabling them to do their work in the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peabody, Massachusetts, United States

from www.bobfranke.com: Bob Franke began his career as a singer-songwriter in 1965 while a student at the University of Michigan. Upon graduation in 1969 with an A.B. in English Literature, he moved to Cambridge, Massachusetts, and has since made New England his home. Bob has appeared in concert at coffeehouses, colleges, festivals, bars, streets, homes and churches in 33 states, four Canadian provinces and England.

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Body English

Linda Waterfall tells me that she's re-issuing Body English on CD, and is pleased with the sound quality. When I first heard that tape, I damn near wore it out in my car's cassette player as I drove from gig to gig. It changed my opinion of Linda from something like, "killer musician, great soul, amazing voice, good songwriter" to "This is a fully mature artist at the height of her powers!" It grabbed me and wouldn't let go. Those of you who didn't get to hear it the first time should keep an eye out for its release at her web site. I'm so blessed to be teaching with her and with other great teachers this coming summer at Week II of the Puget Sound Guitar Workshop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home